Monday 30 December 2013

My adventure










Hiding under the kitchen sink
I came across a sight
A greeny coloured fellow
Only one inch tall in height

I asked him in an astounded tone
`What are you doing here?`
He answered in a booming voice
`THIS IS MY HOME MY DEAR.`

Shocked and confused by his reply
This tiny little thing
Sent soundwaves through my very soul
And made my eardrums ring

Recovering from the mighty sound
I shook my head to clear
And once again I questioned him
`Why was he living here`?

`MY DEAREST BOY` he boomed again
`THIS IS MY FAMILY HOME`
`MY UNCLE’S, AUNTS AND GRANDFATHER’S
HAVE ALL SAT ON THIS THRONE`

Pointing to a little chair
A  box of balsa wood
He jumped upon his regal seat
And shouted loud and good

`I AM THE RULER OF THIS LAND`
`I AM THE PRINCE AND AIRE`
`I AM THE LAST OF THE CULDESACKS`
`OF THAT YOU MUST BEWARE`

A little sad by his response
But hiding all my fright
I asked the tiny ruler
If what he said was right

`OF COURSE I MEANT JUST WHAT I SAID`
replied the little thing
`But why so rude and why so loud?`
I asked the tiny King

`LOOK LETS PRETEND I NEVER SAID`
`THOSE WORDS WHICH SHOOK YOU GOOD`
I nodded my head and did concur
his words were misunderstood.

Still a tad confused
By the little one’s reply
I turned my head to face him
And looked him in the eye

`You really need to understand`
`That shouting‘s really rude`
And if you really are the king
You should change your foul mood

`I’LL  DECIDE` was his retort
`HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME`
`I AM THE KING AS I SAID BEFORE`
`PLEASE REMEMBER THE COMPANY`

A little bored by this shouting match
I sighed a little sigh
I pulled my head back from the sink
Then waved the chap goodbye

`GOODBYE MY FRIEND, MY ELDEST CHUM`
He bawled at my retreat
`PLEASE COME AGAIN INTO MY RELM`

`AND NEXT TIME TAKE A SEAT`.

3 comments:

  1. An entertaining piece, very humous. Reminds me of Roald Dahl, which is a high complement from a Roal Dahl fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wealth of talent displayed in this excellent piece of prose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Phil!! Loved it....must be an early one, Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete