Monday 6 February 2012

Grandma doesn't love me!




Grandma doesn’t love me.
So do we carry on killing rats?
Because grandma doesn’t love me.
I hadn’t thought of that.


She’s sitting in the parlour.
With her tin tray on her knee
So if grandma doesn’t love me,
What shall we have for tea?

She suffered through the blitz.
A war she’d soonest forget.
But if grandma doesn’t love me.
I’ll crumble up in bits.

Her wrinkled eyes have seen so much.
countless years of life.
But if grandma doesn’t love me.
Was it really worth the strife?

Her tea is dark and stewed.
Her cups are brown and cracked.
But if grandma doesn’t love me.
I won’t be coming back.

Gathered here in blackened suits.
The curtains pulled together.
If grandma didn't love me,
then I’ll grieve for her forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment